Sydney | Senior Portraits

Saturday, November 14, 2009 | |

... and here is my last, but definitely not least, 2010 Senior this Fall! Sydney was referred to me by Jocelyn. The both of them are Seniors at Capital High School this year. We totally lucked out with the weather. The whole past week it had been raining and I had been mentally preparing myself for the very high chance of showers. Lo and behold! I woke up on Wednesday to gorgeous sunshine peaking through my windows! (Actually I woke up to my dad telling me wake up to go to the doctors' for a shot, but you get my drift.)

I met Sydney and her brother at Starbucks by Sylvester Park and we went from there. I've shot soo many times in downtown Olympia and it was so refreshing to get some new ideas going on in this shoot. I got some great shots and I'm very happy with them. I hate odd- end numbers so I was so glad that Sydney's mom, Lucy, called me a couple weeks back for a very last minute session (Sydney's yearbook submission is due next Tuesday) Sydney is my 40th Senior! There! A nice even number-- I'm definitely pleased.

Take a look at these photos- I am absolutely taken away by Sydney's outrageously blue eyes! So good!

What did I tell you?
Oh, the power of a reflector!
So about this shot... we were hoping that they wouldn't be working on this construction site since it was Veterans' Day. They were. BUT, Sydney was definitely game to sneak on for a few shots anyway. I think she was less worried than I am and usually I don't mind trespassing! Kudos to you Sydney!
Look at this piece of new artwork Olympia just finished! It is amazing. If you want to see the whole thing, click here. It is soo neat! Glad I was able to use it as a backdrop.
A few shots with her brother, Jake, who is a Freshman this year!

4 comments:

shp photography said...

So pretty! Love the location you found for her shoot!
xo sarah

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous colours & very real, down to earth feeling. Nice indeed :)

. s h e r r y * said...

Love these photos; her eyes are AMAZING!

Leland said...

Little Dorothy has talent!

Blog Archive