Diane Hecker / July 11th, 2009

Wednesday, July 22, 2009 | |

Diane Hecker. I first knew of this girl through her outrageously ridiculous sister, Christina. I met Christina back in 8th or 9th grade doing the AWANA program at a local church. Christina was a rebel but so funny. I remember she would always complain to me about her parents or her sister. It's so weird to me now that Diane is going to be a Senior in high school! Christina moved away shortly after we formed a good friendship but the two of us are still friends to this day.

This last May she emailed me and asked if I'd be willing to photograph her sister Diane's senior pictures. My answer is yes (duh), but there was a problem: Diane lives in Virginia... all the way across the country. I read on... Christina told me her parents were willing to fly Diane back to Washington to have me take her pictures. While she was here she could catch up with old friends as well. At that moment, I felt legit... seriously, who flies across the country to have their picture taken by ME?

Diane called me the first week of July telling me she was in town.... unfortunately, her timing wasn't all that great. BUT, we made it work. In the midst of all the stuff I had to get accomplished (it was the week before Summer Hummer, I was preparing to teach Bible Study, finishing retouching Lamya's wedding photos, etc, etc), I squeezed Diane into my schedule and I'm SO glad I did. I'm being completely honest. :)

I picked her up at the house she was staying at and we drove around Tumwater/Olympia. I had some ideas in mind.... ;) Diane was such a joy to work with. She made my job super easy. As we spent those few hours together, our conversation flowed easily and it was like we had been friends for years. She is the easiest person I've ever had to photograph and I rarely gave her any suggestions as to how to pose. It was completely natural and oh so much fun. I could've kept shooting but unfortunately, the weather made us both sweat like crazy. I was melting.

So, thank you to the Hecker family for giving me the pleasure of photographing Diane. Diane, you were fabuloussssss! :)

(Click on images for a larger view)









0 comments:

Blog Archive