Lam & Tonya / June 6, 2009

Tuesday, June 16, 2009 | |

The last two weeks have been insane and I've just finally had the chance to breathe and take a moment to just relax. It seems as if when things happen in my life, it all happens at once and then I get super busy... I've just been running on a bit of 'crazy' as my friend likes to say. About a week and a half ago, I had the opportunity to shoot another wedding. Lam and Tonya flew me down for a week and I had the chance to spend time with my San Diego friends. It was so much fun/super stressful. 

Before I left Brooks, I had mentioned to my friends that I would be in California again in June to shoot a wedding. I jokingly asked my good friend Stephanie (who also has the amazing gift of photography) if she'd second shoot for me and surprisingly she said yes. It was great- I had the chance to see her again and we caught up for a bit. The wedding day was INSANE. I was up at 5 (thanks to Stephanie) and didn't go to bed until 2 the next morning. We shot from 6 AM to 4 PM and I resumed shooting the reception by myself from 7 PM to 11 PM. Stephanie had to head back to SB. By the time the afternoon rolled around, I was really tired and slightly agitated. (I need to work on this) But the reception was a great time and I had a lot of fun shooting it. My friend's uncle had lent me another body so it was quite useful to have two cameras on me.

Things I've learned from this wedding: BREATHE and RELAX. I would most definitely say that I've grown a lot since I shot my 'first' wedding back in May. Most importantly, have fun. I let a lot of things get to me that day and it honestly didn't help. Having a second shooter is also a great idea... I cannot thank Steph enough. Together we shot over 3000 photos... but I have yet to go through them all and sort them all out. I have a lot of editing left to do, but here are some of my favorites. 

Enjoy :) I'll continue posting some more here at my flickr. 










1 comments:

s.browne said...

your shots look so amazing! thanks soooo much for allowing me to tag along :)

Blog Archive