Brotherston Family / June 13, 2009

Wednesday, June 17, 2009 | |

How to begin this post? I just want to say that I am so excited as to how some of the images from this family session came out. I went to high school for three years with Alex Brotherston. He and I were really good friends, especially during marching band season (I was a band nerd- don't laugh). So when he told me his family was interested in having me take their family photos I was kind of shocked, because here I am, just an amateur looking for experience. Wouldn't they want someone with more experience? So if you're reading this, thank you soo much for trusting me. I had a lot of fun shooting this family and I can honestly say I wish we could've had more time together. 

These images were taken at Ocean Shores. I had trouble driving out there, because I was so tired from lack of sleep. (Thanks to Yvonne for keeping me awake by calling me! I love you to death.) Once I got there though, it slipped away for a bit. I thank God for giving me strength and keeping me alive on the drive back.

This family get- together was for their grandma's 80th birthday. One family from Alaska! (Sweet!) Her four kids, their spouses and three grandchildren (one of which was Alex) made up this family session. Looking through these photos and editing them makes me so excited. Ellen, Alex's older sister, wanted some couple shots with her husband, (Couple portraits are my fav!) so I was more than excited to comply. You can see these at the end.

I hope you enjoy these photos as much as I enjoyed taking them! 

PS: Even though I prefer using natural light, I just want to express how much I really do appreciate TTL flash every now and then! 






3 comments:

Majesta said...

you did a really great job!

Mrs. Ronso said...

These are SO good! I can't wait to see how the rest turn out.

Thanks for making us look so good!

Evynn LeValley said...

dorothy..it is soo fun seeing how much your style has developed over the last several months...you are good girl, and this is only the beginning! keep on shooting, i like what i seeeeee : ) yes TTL kicks butt when you have to shoot fast, and have to have flash. I just had a wedding though last weekend and my flash died during it WHAT! i was like oh shit are you kidding hence why i am suppose to have a back up, luckily my 85 1.2 handles the low light and it was fine! now i can't decide Q flash or the new 580, which I think you have...but yes natural light is the best! : )

Blog Archive